Time For Change – Resources
We have posted Bibliography and Resources and all the links from “Time For Change Whole Foods For Whole Health”. We noticed some problems with the links on the paper edition and it seems much easier to get to the links from one site. Also, it is such a wealth of information we wanted to make it accessible to everyone.
- “The China Study: The Most Comprehensive Study of Nutrition Ever Conducted And the Startling Implications for Diet” by T. Colin Campbell, Thomas M. Campbell II, Howard Lyman and John Robbins (May 11, 2006)
- “Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease: The Revolutionary, Scientifically Proven, Nutrition-Based Cure” by Caldwell B. Esselstyn Jr. M.D. (Feb 1, 2007)
- “The McDougall Plan” by John A. McDougall and Mary A. McDougall (Oct 22, 1983)
- “The Starch Solution: Eat the Foods You Love, Regain Your Health, and Lose the Weight for Good!” by John McDougall and Mary McDougall (May 8, 2012)
- “Dr. Dean Ornish’s Program for Reversing Heart Disease” by Dr Dean Ornish (Sep 22, 2010)
- “Dr. Neal Barnard’s Program for Reversing Diabetes: The Scientifically Proven System for Reversing Diabetes without Drugs” by Neal Barnard (April 1, 2008)
- “Power Foods for the Brain: An Effective 3-Step Plan to Protect Your Mind and Strengthen Your Memory” by Neal Barnard (Feb 19, 2013)
- “Peter Reinhart’s Whole Grain Breads: New Techniques, Extraordinary Flavor” by Peter Reinhart (September 1, 2007)
- “The Bread Baker’s Apprentice: Mastering the Art of Extraordinary Bread Hardcover” by Peter Reinhart (November 14, 2001)
- “The Vegetarian Flavor Bible: The Essential Guide to Culinary Creativity with Vegetables, Fruits, Grains, Legumes, Nuts, Seeds, and More, Based on the Wisdom of Leading American Chefs” by Karen Page (October 14, 2014)
Documentaries and DVD’s
- Forks Over Knives
- Genetic Roulette
- Supersize Me
- Food Inc.
- Fast Food Nation
- Fat Sick & Nearly Dead
- www.vegginoutandabout.com – Veggin’ Out and About! Our food and travel website directs consumers to vegan friendly restaurants and markets. Also, we interview people involved in interesting and beneficial activities pertaining to the advancement of both local and global plant-based movements, environmental sustainability and the protection of animals.
- www.nutritionfacts.org – Dr. Michael Gregor’s website will tell you nearly everything you want to know regarding current research on food and nutrition
- www.pcrm.org – Physician’s Committee For Responsible Medicine
- www.ucsusa.org – Union of Concerned Scientists
- www.ewg.org – Environmental Working Group
- www.jeffnovick.com – Jeff Novick’s website – cooking videos and nutrition information
- www.happycow.net – food and travel website
- www.yelp.com – food and travel website
- www.tripadviser.com – food and travel website
Food Products and Equipment Resources
- www.naturalimport.com – Natural Imports carries a wonderful assortment of high quality Japanese foods, like misos, seaweeds, tamari, plum vinegars, etc.
- www.vitamix.com – excellent high powered blender
- www.harvestessentials.com – Excalibur dehydrator
- www.v-dog.com – excellent vegan dog food
- www.breadtopia.com – wonderful resource for baking artisan breads, also carries baking supplies
- www.mountainbreezenaturals.com – bulk organic ceylon cinnamon (Buy this over cassia cinnamon, which contains a high level courmarin, which can be toxic to the liver in high doses.)
- www.ethiopianspices.com – bulk Ethiopian spices
I purchase a lot of items on-line, most often at www.amazon.com.
This is a list of items I’ve found particularly useful over the years and the companies who sell them through Amazon. You may also buy directly from the companies in most cases.
- Paderno World Cuisine A4982799 Tri-Blade Plastic Spiral Vegetable Slicer by Paderno World Cuisine
- 2-3 Year Old Kaffir Lime Tree in Grower’s Pot, 3 Year Warranty by Lemon Citrus Tree
- Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Sharp Duo Knife Sharpener by Zwilling J.A. Henckels
- Zwillilng J.A. Henckels Twin Four Star 8-Inch High Carbon Stainless-Steel Chef’s Knife by Zwilling J.A. Henckels
- Wusthof Classic 7-Piece Cutlery Set with Storage Block – Professional quality cutlery set with only the pieces you’ll use.
- Kuhn Rikon 3-Set Original Swiss Peeler, Red/Green/Yellow – very inexpensive set of swivel peelers, fantastic for peeling hard squashes, like butternut.
- Stovetop Smoker – The Original Camerons Stainless Steel Smoker with Wood Chips – Works over any heat source, indoor or outdoor by Camerons Products
- OliveNation Pink Peppercorns 16 oz. by JR Mushrooms & Specialties
- Boyajian Pure Lemon Oil 5 ounce size by Boyajian (Use only one drop of this, it is very powerful!!)
- WMF Perfect Plus 6-1/2-Quart Pressure Cooker by WMF
- Prestige Deluxe Stainless Steel Mini Handi Pressure Cooker, 3.3-Liter by Prestige
- Flame Tamer Simmer Ring Aluminum Heat Diffuser Distributer gas stove top stovetop with Wood Handle by Maxi-Aids
- Roland Dried Green Flageolets, 17.6-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 4) by Roland
- Frontier Mustard Seed, Yellow Mustard Whole Certified Organic, 16 Ounce Bags (Pack of 2) by Frontier
- Frontier Mustard Seed, Brown Mustard Whole Certified Organic, 16 Ounce Bags (Pack of 3) by Frontier
- Danish Dough Whisk, large and small sizes – this is irreplaceable for stirring doughs and thick batters.